About Me

My photo
I am an artist living and working in Lancaster, PA, with my family. The Obsessive Dollhouse is a lengthy investigation into how the home can serve as a surrogate body, a creative haven and as an isolating and insulating space to keep us from feeling other's suffering. This is a self renovation blog. Through construction/ renovation and destruction, through natural and unnatural forces, this blog will document the process. In the end what will be left?

Friday, August 22, 2014

The Beginning; A Plan

How does an obsession start? A dream? An idea?  Do we need the home we dream about?  What does it do for us?  Certainly more than shelter.  So the plan is written and I begin.  Never having spent this long on an art project before.  Renovating houses has always come at the expense of my artwork.  Can I follow through with the hard parts?

No comments:

Post a Comment